How to Reset Roku Remote
Is your Roku remote not working? Don’t worry, this blog brings you some useful troubleshooting tips to help you reset the Roku remote.
Roku is a wonderful device that enables you to watch the content of your choice. It is operated by remote control, but it may run into issues, such as unable to sync with the Roku device. As an essential component of the Roku experience, your streaming experience will be compromised if your Roku remote fails to pair.
Therefore, in this blog, we will feature the best ways to reset Roku remote in no time to fix such issues.
Before going ahead further on how to reset Roku Remote, I will explain the types of Roku remotes and how to fix them. You can also check our blog post on how to Jailbreak Roku TV to best enjoy content on your device.
What Are the Types of Roku Remote?
Determining the type of Roku remote that you’re using with your streaming device is the first step to fixing or resolving Roku remote issues.
Basically, there are two types of Roku remote that you can use with your Roku streaming device. The first type is Roku simple remote, and the other is Roku voice remote.
Roku voice remote is the one that has a voice button and a microphone or magnifying glass icon. In contrast, Roku simple remote doesn’t have any voice button on it.
Things to Know Before Resetting Roku Remote
Troubleshooting Roku remote may slightly vary depending on your remote type and remote batteries. For example, Roku Voice Remote Pro has a built-in rechargeable battery. However, Roku simple remote has standard pair of batteries.
If you want to determine whether your Roku remote is rechargeable or not, you can easily figure out this by checking the status light and remote pairing button location.
Roku rechargeable remote does not have a separate battery section. It only has the status light on its back. The remote with a standard battery has the status light on its outer side.
You can easily start resetting Roku remote when you figure out its battery type, pairing button, and status light location.
If you’re troubleshooting Roku Voice Remote Pro, ensure running your Roku device on Roku OS 9.4 or higher. You can check your software version from Settings > System > About.
How to Reset Roku Simple Remote
In this section of my blog post, I will explain how to reset or troubleshoot Roku simple remote issues.
If you have a Roku simple remote not working with a Roku device, you can check for some of the most common reasons.
Usually, the Roku simple remote stops working when the remote signals are completely or partially blocked from the location of the Roku device.
Below is a list of easy and simple steps you should follow to reset Roku simple remote:
- Make sure to set the status light of your Roku device on the front.
- Move your Roku device to a position where it better catches remote signals. Make sure that there should be no obstruction between the remote and device.
- If the Roku player is connected with your TV, move your Roku player to a place where signals are reaching better.
How to Reset or Troubleshoot Roku Voice Remote
You can also follow a few measures to resolve issues that cause your Roku voice remote to freeze. Follow the steps outlined below to reset the Roku voice remote:
Steps 1: Repair Roku voice remote
Here’s how to re-pair the Roku voice remote:
- Plug off the cable from the Roku device, wait for a few minutes, then attach the cable again with the device.
- Wait for the display to show on your Roku device.
- Restart your remote. If it has standard batteries, remove and reinsert the batteries. If you’re using a rechargeable remote, hold the pairing button for 20 seconds. You can release the pairing button once the remote flashes the green status light.
- If your pairing button does not flash any light, you may charge the remote or change batteries.
- Wait for a few seconds to let your remote form a connection with the Roku device.
When your remote connects with the Roku device, you will see the pairing dialog on your TV screen.
Step 2: Recharge the rechargeable batteries when needed
If your remove is out of charging, you can recharge the batteries following the process below:
- Connect the micro-USB end of the charging cable to the charging port on your remote.
- Now, connect the other end of the cable to the USB power adapter.
- While charging, the status light will slowly flash, and a powerful dark green light will appear when the charging is done.
If the charging light is not flashing, you can also connect to another alternative cable and adapter. Always prefer to use the micro USB cable that comes with your Roku remote. If you’re still facing problems, it’s best to try again and restart your device.
Step 3: Restart Roku device and Roku Remote
You can also restart your Roku device and remote if it freezes. If your Roku remote has removable batteries, open the battery section and remove the batteries, then insert them again.
Also, detach the power cable from your Roku device for a few seconds, then reconnect the cable. You can also try the other alternative method to restart the Roku device. Here’s how to do it:
- On your Roku remote, press the Home button.
- Select Settings.
- Under Settings, choose System.
- Under System, choose Power. (If there is no power option, you can skip to the next)
- Choose System restart.
As soon as you see the display on your Roku device, restart your remote by re-entering the batteries into it. If your remote uses rechargeable batteries, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Long press the pairing button on your remote. Your remote will flash the green status light slowly, and it will flash fast after a few seconds. This is the time when you should release the pairing button as your remote is already restarted.
- Wait for a few seconds to let your remote form a connection with the device. You can verify the connection by holding the voice button and waiting for the status light on your screen.
- If your Roku remote is still not working, you should try to re-pair your remote. To do this, press the pairing button for 5 seconds and wait till the status light flashes green. Once your Roku device restarts, it will automatically catch the voice remote and reconnect.
What to Do If My Roku Remote Freezes Even After troubleshooting?
After following all the troubleshooting steps to setup the Roku remote, you can try replacing your Roku remote with a new one. A new Roku remote should fix the issues. Moreover, to buy the authentic Roku remote, make sure to make a purchase directly from the official Roku website. Also, ensure that your Roku device is compatible with the available remote.
That’s all about how to reset the Roku remote. Don’t forget to follow this blog to fix Roku remote issues and stream content smoothly on your Roku device. You can read our blog on the best Roku hidden channels to access the best and unique content on your device.
Start Browsing Privately!
iProVPN encrypts your data for protection against hackers and surveillance. Unblock your favorite streaming platforms instantly with the best VPN for streaming.