List of Best Web Crawlers
In the following blog, you will explore the list of the best Web Crawlers. Keep reading to know more about web crawlers and their ability to boost your SEO ranking visibility.
Web crawlers are often referred to as spider bots or just spiders. Due to their wide application, web crawlers are no longer an unknown term. Among their major purposes, indexing web pages and reaping the competitor’s data are included.
Before we further talk about the web crawlers, their types, and the best ones out there, you need to understand the difference between web crawlers and web scraping. Often these two terms are taken as the same.
What Is Web Crawler or Web Scraping?
Web scraping is simply getting data extracted from all over the internet. It presents the data in structured form like Excel and CSV etc.
On the other hand, a web crawler is used to scan web pages for indexing and also provides useful information to users to boost their site visibility (SEO ranking).
So web scraping tools are to be used when you want to collect data quickly and automatically for data analysis ( You may also read about data breaches)While crawlers can be used for web pages indexing and SEO. Hope now you have understood the difference.
Here’s how web crawlers are nothing less than magical bots.
Benefits of Web Crawling
- Enables the search engines to crawl your web pages to show in the search engine like Google Crawler Bot and Bingbot. Also, read how to run a Google Chrome virus scan.
- It helps the users to identify their website technical issues like identifying broken links, missing headings, backlinks, and more. An example of this crawler is the Semrush bot.
- To spy on the competitor so you can design your better-competing SEO strategy.
So above are just some benefits; it’s up to you how you want to take benefit of crawling bots.
Types of Web Crawlers
There are three main types of web crawlers:
- In house web crawlers
- Commercial web crawlers
- Open source web crawlers
1. In house web crawlers
These are like private crawlers where companies develop their own crawler to solve in-house problems.
2. Commercial web crawlers
Commercial web crawlers are developed by companies to offer their services by selling them.
3. Open source web crawlers
These are open-source code web crawlers available on the internet. So, users can modify them according to their needs.
- Apache Nutch
- Apify SDK
List of the Best Web Crawlers
Semrush is an industry-leading software with a powerful crawler bot. After putting a site URL, the crawler will present the results in almost no time. The beauty of Semrush is that the user won’t need to struggle to find technical issues. Their intelligent web crawler can perform a complete site audit enabling the user to improve site performance.
- Industry-leading web crawler
- Provide information regarding backlinks, internal links, HTTP/HTTPS, page loading time, and more
- Identify your competitors
- Analyze website from a single dashboard
- Availability of both free and paid plan
Tip: Using public WiFi can put your privacy at serious risk. That is why using a VPN like iProVPN will be a wise decision during data collection and SEO work. A VPN encrypts your data and routes your internet traffic via the VPN server. You may check out in detail what is a VPN.
Ahrefs helps the users to rock their website SEO. Their database-rich crawler powers around 12 trillion links. With such a huge database, it won’t miss any important information.
When you start the crawl, after adding the project, it will analyze your site for 100 predefined issues. Whether it’s the site performance, incoming links, outgoing links, CSS, or content quality, the tool will help you out with everything.
- Enormous database
- Simple and easy to use
- One of the best tools for competitor backlink analysis
- Their crawler can help you to identify content opportunities
In discovering the content on the internet, Mangools can also be your best companion. From identifying new opportunities to crawling your competition data, it can do everything. It can also identify your competitor’s top-performing content.
- A complete pack of 5 tools
- Effectively crawl the keywords from the internet
- Makes easy which keyword to target
- Their web crawler can scan internal as well as external links
- Users can get take a drive through their 10-days free trial account
4. Screaming Frog
Screaming Frog spider can be defined as one of the most detailed and advanced auditing tools. Where manual checking can take hours or even days, Screaming Frog crawler is efficient to perform in-depth analysis on both small to large websites in a matter of minutes.
One of the most exciting parts is that you can set schedule crawls and auto exports data on services like Google Sheets.
- A powerful spider to crawl a website
- Users can take a look at the tool excellence via a free plan
- Can identify broken links, redirects, and duplicate content
- Google Search Console integration and free technical support
5. Netpeak Spider
A recommended and useful crawler for exploring site issues. The tool efficiency comes into play where it can analyze site optimization against 100+ parameters. A poorly optimized SEO makes greater chances for the google crawler to avoid your web pages. Netpeak Spider can also check for 80+ key SEO points and suggest what’s best for your site.
- A reliable tool for SEO audit and SERP scraping
- Free access requiring no credit card
- Scan both internal and external links
- Help to improve internal website ranking
6. Content King
Content king is getting more and more popular because of its real-time monitoring system. It gives you updates of SEO issues at the occurrence. Furthermore, its great tracking system provides you with the best results about the changes made on the website.
Content King emails the website owners when anyone makes any website changes, and that’s something that makes it the best fit for agencies.
- Straightforward user interface
- Detects issues before they become a problem
- A complete cloud-based tool requires no installation
- Users can get initial experience with a free trial account
Sitechecker pro is famous for its user-friendly interface and remarkably accurate results. At an affordable price, plus its improved SEO tool combined with effective UI makes it an excellent choice for Digital marketers, Website owners, SEO specialists, and many others.
Moreover, it offers a dashboard containing all the necessary stats in it, which makes it clean and less sluggish.
- Provides you all the Guidance
- Comes with a browser extension
- Keep you updated in any critical situation
- Offers monitoring of Website health, backlinks, and track of keywords
- 24/7 customer care.
This was our featured list of the best web crawlers. The above-listed crawlers can meet the needs of most users. However, some offer more functionality than others. So, it is up to you what crawler suits you best as per your needs.
Start Browsing Privately!
iProVPN encrypts your data for protection against hackers and surveillance. Unblock your favorite streaming platforms instantly with the best VPN for streaming.