How To Update Kodi on Various Devices
Software updates are a necessary thing to keep your devices modernistic. Your search for how to update Kodi to stream your favorite media would be satisfied at the end of this blog.
To run Kodi smoothly on any of the devices, including Amazon FireStick TV, Amazon Fire TV cube, Windows, Android, Smartphones and tablets, Nvidia Shield TV, and many more software and devices you should always update to the latest version. Therefore, to update Kodi software, you need to follow these progressive steps gradually.
Kodi is renowned as one of the spectacular software and media entertainment player which is free of cost. It is capable to run on any type of platform without any hassle. Hence, to keep running and cherishing every upgrade, more innovative software features, and bug corrections, always update your Kodi.
Update Kodi on Firestick, Xbox, Windows, and Other devices
A technophile always keeps its eyes on the latest updates on its favorite devices. Updating Kodi on every device you own brings you the most updated of the functionality and added features. Therefore, these guidelines below would be a great help to upgrade Kodi on multiple devices. Read further to find out.
Kodi is not accessible on Amazon App Store so you will need to sideload it.
However, there is no need to stress, when one can always go for another way to connect. To update Kodi on Amazon Fire TV, Amazon FireStick, and cube, there is an alternative way in which a user can sideload the application with an APK (Android Package File) file format as an updated version to continue.
To install the latest Kodi update on an Amazon FireStick TV, implement these simple steps:
- Download the Downloader app on the FireStick device.
- Install the Downloader app.
- Open the Downloader app and choose “browser” on the left side.
- Enter the URL: “https://kodi.tv/download/android”.
- Kodi’s official download user interface would open.
- You can check different Kodi versions for FireStick and Android devices
- Choose “ARMV7A (32-bit)”.
- Download application would ask you for the direct download of the app.
- Enter “Yes”.
- Later, if you urge to empty your space, you can always select delete for the “APK” file.
Nvidia Shield TV
You can play Kodi on Nvidia Shield TV thanks to Android. Kodi is available in the play store as an official app and one can always update it manually Hence, you should adopt these updates to run Kodi on Nvidia Shield TV.
- Press on the button on your Nividia Shield TV.
- Go for apps on the home screen’s left side.
- Choose “Get more apps” at the upper side of the window.
- Use the search function to search for Kodi.
- On the Application home page, you can search for “pending updates”.
- To install Kodi click on the “Install” button.
Xbox is one of the most popular gaming consoles. It is also very popular for Kodi. Did you know that Kodi was originally made as a media player for the Xbox? It was called XMBC and was released for the original Xbox gaming console.
If you’re looking to update Kodi on Xbox One, here’s how to do it:
- Enter into the app store from your Xbox home screen.
- Use the search function to search for “Kodi”.
- Choose the “Kodi” from the search results.
- Choose “updates”.
- If “Kodi” is not installed, install it now.
One of the most famous lightweight software that runs Kodi smoothly. Therefore, If you desire to have an enjoyable time in your lounge, running LibreELEC on your Raspberry Pi so it is the best way to enjoy Kodi’s latest features in your Linux. Follow these guidelines to connect accordingly.
- Choose the “gear” icon on the screen.
- Go to the bottom of the settings.
- Select the “updates” tab.
- Choose “automatic updates” to “manual”.
- A new page will be shown.
- Select “update channel”.
- Choose the version of your “LibreELEC”.
- Go to the “available version”.
- Choose the latest version.
- The operating system will ask you to confirm the update.
- Choose “Yes”.
- The new update and software file by Kodi will be downloaded and installed automatically.
- LibreELEC will now do a reboot.
On Android devices like tablets, smartphones, Kodi is easily available on the Play Store. Since the official Play Store always sends update notifications, there is no room to stress. You can always do a manual update by following these steps.
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Click on your account picture at the top-right corner.
- Choose “manage apps and devices”.
- Open the “manage” tab.
- A list of applications will appear. Choose “updates available”.
- Update the app if a newer version is available.
As mentioned before, if you are using Kodi on any of the third-party systems, then you should go for the APK file to support Kodi updates manually on the respected standard device.
To install Kodi updates on Windows is the most simple of the processes to follow. Since if you download the installation file before, it would make the newest version update simple to follow.
- Visit Kodi’s official website.
- Go to the downloads page.
- Download the latest version of Kodi on your device.
- Run the setup file.
- If re-installation of the setup detects the previous version, continue with the installation.
- Your Kodi is now updated to the latest version.
The procedure you have applied for Windows, you can apply the same steps on macOS effectively. You can easily download the updated version from the Kodi official website to continue the reinstallation. To apply, read further.
- Drop into the official Kodi website download page.
- Tap on “installer (64-bit)”.
- It will take a few seconds to download the file.
- Open the file after download.
- Pull the Kodi in your “applications” folder.
Hence, once you initiate the installation process of Kodi on macOS, the system will block the application from running. and show you a message: “Kodi cannot be opened since it is from an unidentified developer”.
There’s nothing to worry about since you can fix the issue by following these mentioned guidelines.
- Tap on the Apple icon.
- Drop into the “systems preferences”.
- Choose “Security and privacy”.
- Open the “General”.
- Click on “open anyway”.
If you are a Linux consumer, this blog is your guide so stay here and read further.
If you want to update the Kodi on Linux in the fastest way, then follow these steps:
- Press CTRL + ALT + T to start a Terminal session.
- Write “sudo apt-get update”.
- Press Enter.
- Then type in the command “sudo apt-get upgrade”.
- Click Enter once more.
You can update any other software updates and application updates on your Linux operating system through the same procedure, depending upon your graphical user interface.
Kodi is not accessible on Apple TV lately. However, in the future, we will cover a detailed tutorial on how to get Kodi on Apple TV effectively. To keep your software list updated on every upcoming upgrade, about multiple devices, follow all the blogs so you can get your hands on the first handed information.
Don’t miss out on the newest features and bug fixes by sticking to an older version of Kodi. Update Kodi to enjoy more of the creative features that boost your media streaming time. Moreover, to stream and upgrade Kodi in a much more secure way, choose a Kodi VPN to get connected through an encrypted platform.
Hopefully, this blog has taught you about updating Kodi on several devices you use. And that you’ll enjoy your new Kodi updates to the fullest.
Start Browsing Privately!
iProVPN encrypts your data for protection against hackers and surveillance. Unblock your favorite streaming platforms instantly with the best VPN for streaming.