How to Scan a QR Code on an iPhone and Android
A QR code is a two-dimensional bar code that contains data. It can be read digitally by Smart phones.
The digital age brings QR codes everywhere, brochures, billboards, business cards, and restaurant menus. Scanning these contemporary QR codes allows you to open a business page, menu, or app download.
QR (Quick Response) codes are in fashion, and many industries, including clothing stores, restaurants, and bars, are adopting them quickly for user convenience. Therefore, we have curated this easy guide on how to scan a QR code on an iPhone and Android. If you’re looking to create your own personalized generated dynamic QR codes for your business or personal use, PhotoADKing’s QR code maker is a versatile tool that offers a variety of design options that can help you design and generate custom QR codes in just a few clicks.
How to Scan a QR Code Using Camera App [4 Quick Steps]
Follow these simple steps to scan a QR Code using the camera. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Camera app from the Home Screen, Control Center, or Lock Screen.
- Choose the front Camera and hold your device in front of the QR Code so the viewfinder captures the QR Code.
- Once scanned, it will show a notification.
- Tap the notification to open the QR link.
On iPhone and iPad
Follow these guidelines to scan a QR code on an iPhone and iPad. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to settings > Camera > Scan QR codes and enable the green toggle bar button next to allow Scan QR codes.
- Open the Camera app on your iPhone. You can do it by swiping left from the lock screen.
- Then point your camera at the QR code to scan it. Ensure all four corners of the QR code can fit in the camera.
- A pop-up banner will appear once you scan the QR code, and a tiny yellow QR code icon will be in the bottom right corner.
- Tap on the QR icon in the bottom right corner of the app.
- That’s all! This attempt will route you to a website, open an app, menu, or any other option.
Here’s how to scan a QR code on Android:
- Open the Camera on your Android phone. You can do it by swiping it up from the bottom of your screen. Or you can open it from the search bar.
- Point your Android phone straight to the QR code to scan it properly.
- Tap the yellow Pop-up banner to re-route the respective site, app, or web page.
Note: If you don’t see the QR code’s banner, use the Google lens instead.
Use Google Lens to Scan a QR Code
Google lens is available on Android phones. You can use Google lens to scan a QR code. Here’s how to do it:
- Ask Google assistant to activate Google lens.
- Open your Camera app and tap More > Google Lens.
- When opening the Camera app, you will be assigned a lens that scans QR codes.
Use Bixby to Scan a QR Code
Here’s how to scan a QR code using Samsung’s virtual assistant Bixby.
- Open your camera app and tap “Bixby” vision.
- Tap allow to enable pop-up permissions.
- Now scan the QR code and tap to re-route to the website, app, etc.
FAQs - How to Scan a QR Code
How do you scan a QR code with your phone?
To scan a QR code with your phone, hold your phone's camera over the code, wait for recognition, and take action prompted by your phone.
How do you scan a QR code with an Android phone?
To scan a QR code with an Android phone, open the camera app, point the camera at the QR code, and wait for the phone to recognize it. A notification will appear with a link or information. Some phones may require a separate QR code scanning app. You can download a QR code reader app from Google Play Store.
How do I scan a QR code with my iPhone camera roll?
You can scan a QR code with your iPhone camera roll by opening the Camera, position it on the QR code so the code appears on the screen. Tap the notification pop-up on the screen to re-route to the related site, app, etc. Also, you can use a third-party QR code scanning app that allows you to import a QR code image from your camera roll and decode it.
Does my phone camera have a QR scanner?
Most modern smartphones come with a built-in QR code scanner integrated into the camera app. If your phone is up-to-date and has a camera app, it is likely to have a QR scanner feature.
Where is the scan button on my phone?
The location of the scan button on your phone may vary depending on the device and the camera app you are using. Typically, the scan button is represented by a square or a round icon in the camera app's toolbar or settings menu.
QR codes have become increasingly popular in recent years, appearing on products, signs, posters, and more, making it a useful skill to know how to scan them.
Scanning a QR code with your smartphone is a quick and easy process that can unlock a world of information and resources. Most modern smartphones come equipped with a built-in QR scanner feature integrated into the camera app, making it easy to scan codes on the go. To scan a QR code, simply open the camera app, point the camera at the code, and wait for your phone to recognize it. The scanner usually provides a link or information related to the code, allowing you to access websites, videos, apps, and more. If your phone doesn’t have a built-in QR scanner, you can download a free QR code scanning app from your app store.
Start Browsing Privately!
iProVPN encrypts your data for protection against hackers and surveillance. Unblock your favorite streaming platforms instantly with the best VPN for streaming.