How to Hide Notification Alerts on iPhone
Getting notifications on your iPhone during a Zoom meeting or crucial team discussion must be annoying. If you are distracted by constant notifications on your iPhone from several apps you don’t frequently use; in that case, you can turn off and hide notifications on your iPhone by following simple instructions. This guide will walk you through the essential details of hiding notification alerts on iPhone and clearing them from your lock screen.
How to Hide and Turn Off Notifications on iPhone [Step-by-Step Guide]
You can stop receiving notifications on your iPhone from any app you want to. It only takes a few seconds. Launch settings > notifications. Then choose an app and turn off the green toggle switch next to “allow notifications.” You can implement these steps in any application you want to hide notifications of. Here is how to hide and turn off notifications on your iPhone:
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone and tap on the notifications.
- You will see a list of apps under the notification bar. Select the app you want to turn off notifications of.
- Next, click the green toggle bar in front of allow notifications, to turn off a specific app’s notifications. You can repeat it with all the apps you want to turn off notifications.
Why is it Essential to Hide Notifications on Your iPhone
It might not seem like a great deal, but hiding notifications on your iPhone can make a massive difference. Here’s why:
Getting constant buzz by notifications on your iPhone from multiple apps can be distracting. It can waste your time and sidetrack you from your work. When you hide notification alerts on your iPhone, it saves your time and focus.
Hide Private Information
Private information includes essential emails, messages, and photographs that pop into your notification bar. You can hide them by turning off your notification alerts on your iPhone.
Protect Your Pins
You receive two-factor authentication pins when you sign up for an account, a service or using online banking. Cybercriminals are always on the prowl and can pry on those pins to get access to your account/s. Therefore, it is safer not to let these notifications hang in your notification bar to get cyber attackers’ notice.
How to Check All Notifications on Your iPhone
Here is how to check all notifications on your iPhone:
- Swipe down from the top-center of your iPhone screen to see the notification center.
- Scroll up to see the previous notifications.
- Swipe up from the bottom to close the notification center.
- That’s all!
How to Respond to All Notifications on Your iPhone
These simple steps will guide you in responding to all notifications on your iPhone by replying or dismissing them. Here is how to:
- To check individual notifications from a group, tap on the ground notifications.
- Swipe right to the notification to check an individual message.
- If you want to close a group notification, tap on “Show Less.”
How to Change App Settings if you Don’t Want to Turn Off Notifications Completely
You can stop notifications by appearing on your lock screen and notification center to avoid other people snooping on a notification pop-up. You can also hide notifications appearing as banners on your iPhone screen when you turn it on.
In case you don’t want to turn off the notifications completely, you can tweak the settings by following these steps:
- Open settings > go to Alerts.
- Under alerts, you can stop notifications from appearing on your home screen.
- Change the banner style to temporary so it will disappear after a jiff. (If you click on persistent, it will stay at the top of your screen until you swipe it away.
Note: If you don’t want to turn off notifications on your iPhone for all apps individually, you can use the “Do Not Disturb” feature to avoid them.
How to Pause All Notifications on iPhone [Method 1]
Follow these simple steps to eliminate all the notifications on your iPhone.
- Go to settings > Focus > Do not Disturb.
- Click on the green toggle bar to turn on “Do Not Disturb.”
- That’s all! Now will not receive any notifications!
Note: If you want to set a period for the “Do Not Disturb” feature, you can go to “Schedule” below notifications and set a time for how long you need this mode on.
How to Pause All Notifications on iPhone [Method 2]
You can also pause notifications using the “Do Not Disturb” feature in the Control Center. Here’s how to:
- Swipe down from the top right corner of your iPhone screen.
- Then click the “Moon-shaped icon” to turn on the “Do not Disturb” mode.
- Tap and hold the Do Not Disturb icon to open the menu.
- Choose a time duration you want to use this feature actively. (You will have 3 options, including: For 1 hour, Until tomorrow morning, and Until I leave this location.)
How to Hide Notification Previews
If you’re not interested in turning on the “Do Not Disturb” mode, you can effortlessly hide all the notifications instead. Here’s how to hide notification previews on iPhone:
- Open settings > Notifications > Show Preview.
- Select “Never.”
- That’s all. It will hide the details of your notifications, only showing you the app icon and the sender’s name.
How to Clear Notifications on iPhone
You can clear all your notifications on your iPhone from the notification center. Here’s how to:
- Swipe up from the bottom of your screen.
- Then tap and hold the lowercase “x” in the top-right corner of your screen.
- Tap “Clear all notifications.”
- That’s all!
Wrapping Up – Hide Notification Alerts on iPhone
There you go! Now you’re acquainted with how to hide notifications on your iPhone. When you hide notifications on your iPhone, it will not only gives you liberty from constant distraction but also prevent potential cyber vulnerabilities. Protecting your sensitive data and personal messages is your digital right which you must employ. We have portrayed simple and quick instructions to implement to hide notification alerts on iPhone that will make your life easier.
Start Browsing Privately!
iProVPN encrypts your data for protection against hackers and surveillance. Unblock your favorite streaming platforms instantly with the best VPN for streaming.