How to Find Router’s IP Address
Finding the router’s IP address is only needed to access technical router settings. For instance, knowing your router’s Default Gateway will help you make necessary changes to the network. It is a prerequisite for updating firmware and log into your router’s settings menu.
Without a router’s IP address, you cannot also troubleshoot network issues.
In this blog, you will learn how to find your router’s IP address on different devices.
What is the difference between IP address and Default Gateway IP address?
An IP address is a specified address assigned to each device by ISP. The IP address of a computer helps the network to recognize each computer systematically. Whereas the Default Gateway is the private IP address of your router connected to the same network.
Default Gateway is used to communicate with other devices outside of the same network.
Both Default Gateway and IP address may look the same; the second-last digit signifies what gateway the device is connected to.
Is There Any Alternative Way to Locate to the Router web-based Setup Page?
Unfortunately, there is no way to access your router web-based setup page. You must have your router IP address beforehand to get access to your router settings.
In this guide, you can find easy steps to find router IP address on various operating systems and devices.
Can I Access My Router Settings without Internet?
Yes. It’s possible to access your router settings without the internet. All you need to do is create a direct connection through the router’s wireless signal or by using an Ethernet cable. Here’s how to access router settings without the internet:
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable with any router’s port.
- Connect the other end of the same cable with your system’s Ethernet port.
- Open a browser and enter the common IP address 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
- In the login window, enter the router’s username and password. Refer to the router’s manual for credentials.
- Click login and access your router IP address.
How to Find Router IP Address on Different Devices
Here’s how to find it on various devices, starting with Android.
How to Find Router’s IP Address on Android
- Open “Settings” on your Android device.
- Go to Wi-Fi Settings.
- Now tap and hold on your network name.
- Select “Manage Network Settings”.
- Check on the box next to “Show advanced options”.
- Select “Statics” beneath “IP settings”.
- See the numbers under “Gateway”. The listed string of numbers is your router’s IP address.
How to Find Router’s IP Address on Windows
Here’s how you can find your router’s IP address on Windows:
- Select “Command Prompt” by clicking right on the Windows icon.
- Type “ipconfig” in the window, hit Enter.
- On the same window, see the section for “Default Gateway”. The number next to Default Gateway is your router’s IP.
Alternative Method to Find Router’s IP Address on Windows
You can also search for the IP address by another method:
- Click on the network icon in the bottom right corner.
- Right-click on the icon and go to “Open Network and Internet Settings”.
- Click on View Network Properties.
- Note the IP address next to the Default Gateway of the current connection.
How to Find Router’s IP Address on iPhone or iPad
Here’s how to find router IP address on iPhone or iPad:
- Go to “Settings” then tap on“Wi-Fi”.
- Tap on the name of your Wi-Fi network connection.
- Scroll down till youfind “IPv4 Address “section
- Now you will see ‘’Router” and the number next to it is yourrouter’s Default Gateway address.
How to Find Router’s IP Address on Mac
Here’s how to search your router’s IP address on Mac operating system:
- Move to the top-left corner of the screen.
- Click on the Apple icon and select “System Preferences”
- Click where you see “Network”.
- A list will appear on the left side of screen.
- Select your network name from the list.
- Now click Advanced appearing on the bottom-right of the screen.
- Now, click on “TCP/IP”
- You will see “Router” in the “TCP/IP” section, and the number next to it is the router’s IP address.
How to Find Router’s IP Address on Chrome OS
If you’re using the Chrome OS system then you can find your router’s IP address by following the simple steps below. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to the right side of the “Task bar”
- Click to the “Notification side”
- Select “Wi-Fi” ( The one that is connected)
- Now, you’ll see a new Window
- In the new window, click “Network tab”
- Under Gateway, you can see the “Router IP”.
How to Find Router’s IP Address on Linux
Just like any other device, you can also find your router IP on Linux. It only requires a few simple steps and once you get the router IP, then it easy to access your router’s web interface on your Linux device.
- Move to the “Notification area”
- Now, click where you see the “Network icon”
- Select “Network Settings” or “Connection Information”
- Here you should see “Default Gateway” or “Gateway”
- The number next to Gateway/ Default Gateway is your “router IP”.
A router’s IP address is necessary to make essential changes to your router’s network settings. This blog has covered various devices and operating systems.
You can follow this blog to quickly find your router’s IP address on any device and platform you’re using.