How to Find the Roku Device IP Address
With an IP address, users can better configure Roku settings. Knowing your Roku IP will help you connect your device to a new network. Besides that, you can also resolve any connection or troubleshooting problems.
This blog aims to explain how to find a Roku IP address with and without a remote in simple steps. Let’s read to find where to look for this information.
How to Find a Roku IP Address using Remote Control
- Open Roku main screen and select “Settings.”
- Under settings, go to “Networking.”
- Select “About” under the Network section of Settings to find the device’s IP address.
- Now, you can see your Roku IP in the About section with other network information.
How to Find Roku IP Address without Remote – Web Browser Method
There is another way to find Roku IP using Remoku (stands for Roku Remote Chrome Extension); a free extension for the chrome browser.
This method is not suitable for every Roku model. However, you can give this method a try.
Here’s How to Find Roku IP using the Remoku extension:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Go to the Chrome store.
- Install Remoku extension.
- Once installed, you can see it at the top of the Chrome screen.
- Click on Remoku to open it.
- Head to Remoku settings.
- Click “Scan” when you see a black screen.
- Next to Scan, you will see your Roku IP.
How to Find Roku IP Using a Mobile App
In case you don’t like to access Roku with a remote, you can also set up Roku app on your mobile device and follow the simple steps below to find your Roku IP address:
- Open the Roku app and log in.
- Head to Roku Channels or the “My Channels” tab.
- Tap on the gear icon at the top of the screen.
- Now you will see a menu, click “System Info” under the menu.
- That’s it! You can now see the IP Address and other networking details.
How to Find Roku IP from your Router
You can also find your Roku IP using your router. However, bear in mind that not all routers allow you to access your device’s IP or Mac address. Therefore, make sure to check your router’s capabilities first.
Once you’re sure that your router can give you the device name, IP or Mac address then follow the steps below:
- Open your browser using a laptop or PC.
- Head to the admin panel of your router.
- Sign in to your router when needed.
- Head to the status page.
- Find the Roku device on this page, which will be listed with its hostname.
- You can now see your Roku IP.
Note: If you cannot find the IP address of your Roku device next to its hostname, you can also see the IP under Mac address.
Roku is an incredible device that opens a world of channels to entertain its users. Like other devices around you, your Roku has a unique IP address that you can use for several reasons; from setting up the device to a new network to troubleshooting connecting problems. This guide will help you understand how to find a Roku IP address with and without a remote.
Start Browsing Privately!
iProVPN encrypts your data for protection against hackers and surveillance. Unblock your favorite streaming platforms instantly with the best VPN for streaming.