How to Find Roku IP Address
If your next query is how to find a Roku IP address, then keep reading because, in this blog, we will show you a couple of simple tutorials to find your Roku IP address. Keep in mind that knowing your Roku TV IP address is important to connect your device with a new network and to fix various troubleshooting problems.
Table of Contents
- How to find a Roku IP address using a remote control
- Find a Roku IP address without a remote control
- Find a Roku IP address through a web browser with a Remoku extension
- How to find a Roku IP address with a mobile app
- Find a Roku IP address via a Router
- How to find a Roku IP address with Roku serial number
Method 1 – How to find a Roku IP address using a remote control
Here’s how to check the Roku IP address with a remote. You can also read how to reset the Roku remote.
- Go to the Roku main menu, scroll and click on “Settings.”
- Click on the “Networking” option
- Look towards the right side of the screen, and select “About.” You will find your Roku IP there.
Find Roku IP address without a remote
If you can’t seem to find your Roku IP address or gain access to it using a remote control, then maybe these 3 alternative methods will help you out.
We’ve highlighted tutorials on how you can find it through the Chrome browser extension called Remoku, via the mobile app, or by finding it through your router. Take a look below!
Method 2 – Find a Roku IP address through a web browser with a Remoku extension
Other than using an actual remote to find a Roku IP on your device, you could also use a Chrome extension called Remoku. It’s an add-on or extension for Google Chrome that let’s you use a virtual remote. The bright side of using Remoku is that the extension is free, but it does not work reliably for every Roku model.
You first need to install the Remoku Chrome extension, and then find your Roku IP. Here’s how:
- Open Google Chrome on your PC.
- Go to the Chrome web store and search for the Remoku extension.
- Install the Remoku extension by clicking on “Add to Chrome.”
- To confirm, click on “Add Extension” on the pop-up window.
- Once installed, you will see the Remoku extension at the top of the Chrome screen that looks like a small black box with R on it.
- Click on the Remoku extension to open it, and then click on “Settings.”
- Click “Scan” when you see a black screen.
- You will now find your Roku IP address displayed next to the word “Scan.”
Method 3 – How to find a Roku IP address with a mobile app
Got a Roku app installed on your phone? Don’t have access to the remote? Here’s another easy way to find your Roku IP address using a mobile app. Also, read the best Roku hidden channels here.
- Open the Roku mobile app.
- Either click on “Roku Channels” or the “My Channels” tab.
- Click on the gear icon at the top of the screen.
- Select “System Info” under the menu.
- That’s it! You can now see your Roku IP Address and other networking details.
Method 4 – Find a Roku IP address via a Router
You can also find your Roku IP using your router. However, bear in mind that not all routers allow you to access your device’s IP or Mac address. Therefore, make sure to check your router’s capabilities first.
Once you’re sure that your router can give you the device name, IP, or Mac address then follow the steps below. You’re one step closer to finding your Roku IP address via router:
- Open your browser using a laptop or PC.
- Head to the admin panel of your router.
- Sign in to your router when needed.
- Head to the status page.
- Find the Roku device on this page, which will be listed with its hostname.
- That’s all!
How to find a Roku IP address with Roku serial number
You can also use your Roku’s serial number and contact customer support. To chat with Roku customer support, simply call at +44 203 684 1123 or use their online form or live chat option.
How do I find my Roku IP address without a remote control?
The best and easiest way to find your Roku IP address without a remote, is by installing the Remoku mobile app, or installing the extension on your Windows Chrome browser. Once you install, click on “Settings” and then find your Roku IP under the “My Network” tab.
How do you connect Roku to WiFi without a remote?
Set up the Roku app on your phone, connect your phone to the WiFi, and launch the app. Click on “Devices,” select your Roku device, and your phone will now be connected to Roku as a remote. Click on “Remote” then “Settings” and then on “Network.” Click on “Set up connection” enter the password and you’re done!
Where is the IP address on Roku TV?
To find your Roku TV IP address, head to Settings > Network > About. If you still couldn’t find the IP address, it means that your Roku device is using a public IP address.
How to look up your Roku serial number?
You can find your Roku serial number or Roku device ID on the original Roku Player packaging. Besides that, you can also head to your Roku system settings and find the Roku serial number or Device ID in the about section.
How to find the default Roku IP address?
Roku devices don’t have a default IP address. Only connected Roku devices have the IP address that is established by a router it is connected with.
That’s all about how to find a Roku IP address to connect your device with the home network. The IP address of your Roku TV also enables you to resolve different troubleshooting problems. You can follow our blog to easily search Roku IP addresses on different devices with and without a Roku remote.
Start Browsing Privately!
iProVPN encrypts your data for protection against hackers and surveillance. Unblock your favorite streaming platforms instantly with the best VPN for streaming.