How to Find Printer IP Address
Does your network printer suddenly stop and require a printer IP to further troubleshoot? If yes, then it’s not a new problem. Many users face the same issue, and the worst part is that they have no clue where to find a printer IP address.
A printer’s IP address is crucial to resolve any technical and troubleshooting errors. If you are one of the users who don’t know how to get your printer’s IP address, then this blog is your way to go.
This blog aims to explain how to find your printer’s IP address. Usually, there are four main ways to find your printer IP address: through the printer menu, by printer settings on the computer, using your router, and issuing a command. Also, check how to find a router IP address here.
I will show you each method step-by-step to find your printer IP address. Yet, first, let’s understand what a printer IP address is?
What is the Printer IP Address?
A printer IP address is a 12-digit ID number that enables your printer to connect with a device or the internet. There are different ways to find your printer’s IP address.
How to Find the Printer IP Address from the Printer’s Menu?
To get the exact instructions, you will need your printer’s menu. However, the outlined steps will get you to the correct menu on various devices to find the IP address of your printer:
- Tap the Home button on the printer and wait for the menu to display
- Select Preferences, Options, or Wireless Settings
- See where you see a box on the top. The IP address is mostly displayed on the top border.
Note: If you can’t see the IP here, check the View Wireless Details. You can also check IP in your network setup options, e.g., TCP/IP, Network Status, or Wi-Fi Status.
How to Find the Printer IP Address from Printer Settings on Computer?
On Windows 10
- Head to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers
- At Printer, click-right and select Properties
- In case if you see only three tabs, look for the Web Services tab for IP
- If five tabs appear, search in the Ports tab for printer IP.
Note: There can be three or five tabs that appear in a mini window, depending on which Web Services for Devices or port (TCP/IP port) your printer driver uses.
- Click on the Apple logo in the top left corner
- Head to System Preferences
- Click where you see Printers and Scanners
- From the left-hand column, select Printer
- Under Location, you can see your Printer IP address.
How to find a printer’s IP address from the router?
You should log in to your router settings to access your printer IP address. Make sure that you have your router’s access credentials in the first place, then follow these steps:
- Open any web browser and enter 192.168.1.1 into the address bar
- Type your router username and password
- Now, search for a DHCP Client Table or a client list under the Local Network section
- Open the available client list, click where you see your printer to find its IP address.
Find the Printer IP Address by Issuing a Command
- Press Windows key, type cmd to open Command Prompt.
- Type netstat -r and press Enter.
- You can now see a list of connected network devices along with your printer’s IP address.
What can I do with my printer IP Address?
You can connect the printer from your network-connected computer, mobile, or other devices when you have your printer’s IP address. Also, using your printer's IP address enables you to insert a ping command in the command box from any computer to resolve connection issues or verify if your printer is present on the network.
Where to find the HP printer IP address?
Go to your printer properties from the connected computer. Now, head to the start menu and click on Devices and Printers. Select your printer model and right-click on printer, and select properties again. Now, click on ports to access your printer network to find the IP address of your printer. You can follow the same steps to find the IP address of an offline printer.
How to connect the Printer on Mac using the IP address?
Here's how to connect your Printer with Mac using its IP address:
- Go to System Preferences or Settings.
- Click Printers and Scanners.
- On the left, click the "+" sign.
- Click where you see the global icon in the Add Printer section.
- Enter your printer’s IP address.
While summing up, it’s important to know the significance of your printer IP address. It will not only resolve your printer’s IT problems but will allow you to connect new devices with it.
Start Browsing Privately!
iProVPN encrypts your data for protection against hackers and surveillance. Unblock your favorite streaming platforms instantly with the best VPN for streaming.