How to Change Netflix Region
Have you ever tried looking up a movie on Netflix but can’t find it? Here’s the situation, Netflix’s content is accessible within certain countries, and the reasons are vast. So, to access Netflix content and any library worldwide, you need to change your Netflix region.
Netflix allows people to enjoy this golden age of television, especially when staying inside is a must instead of a choice. Times like this leave a lot of time on our hands – where most users look up streaming content or the latest movies to binge on. With that said, Netflix is one of the more popular streaming services that is visited.
Unfortunately, some of Netflix’s content is restricted to specific countries due to cultural and political considerations, contracts with television and movie studios along copyright laws. This means that the list of available shows somewhat depends on where you reside in the world. Or, to be more specific, where Netflix thinks you are!
We’ve all been there, and we share your sorrows. Fortunately, there is a safe way you can change the Netflix region and make it think that you’re in a different country. This guide will show you how!
Can I change Netflix region?
The short answer to this is that you can’t change the country or region on your Netflix account, but are able to hide your region and replace it with a new location. To do that, we recommend using a VPN for Netflix that’s currently the safest – iProVPN can help change Netflix region and unblock content from anywhere in the world.
How to change Netflix region
- Sign up and create your Netflix account in case you don’t have one.
- Subscribe to iProVPN.
- Download and install a VPN. We recommend iProVPN for smooth access.
- Launch the VPN and sign in.
- Connect to a VPN server of the Netflix region you require access to. We recommend using the US server.
- Sign in to your Netflix account.
- That’s all! Now that you’ve changed your Netflix region, you can now watch the content you like!
Changing Netflix region on multiple devices
You can stream on Netflix using a number of devices. If, however, you need a little assistance to change Netflix region on your device, here are a few tutorials you go through:
How to change Netflix region on iPhone
- Look for the iProVPN app on the Apple Store and install it on your iOS device.
- Sign in to your VPN account.
- Connect to the server of the Netflix library you need access to. This will change your Netflix region.
- Open Netflix app.
- To check if your Netflix region is changed, you should see content from within that region’s library.
How to change Netflix region on Android
- Download the iProVPN app from the Google Play Store and install it on your Android device.
- Sign in to your VPN account.
- Connect to the server you want to change your Netflix country to.
- Open the Netflix app and start watching the content you want.
How to change Netflix region on PlayStation
- Sign up with iProVPN.
- Install the VPN on your router to share the Wi-Fi connection to your PS4/PS5.
- Select a VPN server in the Netflix region that you want access to.
- Connect your PlayStation to your router or VPN-protected Wifi.
- Open Netflix
- That’s it!
How to change Netflix region on Smart TV
If you’ve got yourself an Android Smart TV, changing your Netflix region on it will be fairly simple. Here’s how you can do that:
- Sign up with iProVPN for Smart TVs.
- Look for the VPN on the Google Play Store
- Install it.
- Sign in to your VPN,
- Connect to the best server.
- Open Netflix and start watching the content you like, now that you’ve changed your Netflix region or country.
If, however, you don’t have an Android Smart TV and don’t have access to the Google Play Store, you could always add the VPN connection via a supported router.
How to change Netflix region on Xbox
- Sign up with iProVPN as it’s one of the best VPNs for Netflix and supports Xbox.
- Download and install the VPN on your router, or extend the connection via Wi-Fi using another device like your PC.
- Sign in to your VPN account.
- Connect to the server of your preferred Netflix region.
- Extend the Wi-Fi or router VPN connection to your Xbox.
- Open Netflix and watch your content!
How to change Netflix region on Roku
- Subscribe to iProVPN, as it supports Roku.
- Download and install the VPN on your PC or router.
- Extend the VPN connection to your Roku via router or PC.
- Sign in to your VPN.
- Choose a server to change your Netflix region.
- Open Netflix on Roku and stream its content.
Why a VPN helps to change Netflix region
If you have an up-to-date Netflix subscription, the rest of the steps will fall quite nicely into place. By using a streaming VPN, you can bypass geo-restrictions and view content from another region. A VPN cloaks your IP address, and while you’re online, no one can locate your exact whereabouts. There are many benefits to implementing a VPN:
- It gives you complete access to Netflix.
- You can stream while traveling and stay safe from prying eyes.
- You can break through geographical barriers and watch whatever you like.
To get started, you will need a top-quality VPN service (that’s designed with streamers in mind) that would allow you to change your Netflix region reliably and effectively. With this, you’ll be able to watch unlimited Netflix content, whether they’re the best shark movies or old-timey classics.
Why is Netflix content different everywhere?
Netflix has its streaming tentacles in more than 190 countries but what you watch at yours is not always available when traveling.
The Hollywood television and movie studios invest billions into making each show and movie, which means that a lot of invested money is at stake every time new content is rolled out. The studios make sure that copyright laws are enforced, and they earn as much as possible from their hefty investments.
Online streaming platforms have taken a toll on studio profits since the onset and popularity of the digital era. So the studios have adapted by offering movies for sale through outlets such as Netflix.
Copyright laws are enforced by country, and since each country has different laws, they have different content demands.
For instance, a movie well received in the States may not be that interesting in Brazil, and a British comedy may not be found funny by American audiences. Netflix tackles these differences by offering specific streaming titles in some countries compared to others.
Another major reason you’ll find a different playlist for a different part of the world is the national consideration.
These censorship laws or orders may arise if the content is sensitive for specific audiences, violates religious or cultural ethical codes or simply because the politicians do not want their citizens to view such content.
That’s why, if you were streaming a sensitive series with adult content in the USA, you may not be able to access the same if you are in Malaysia or Indonesia.
To avoid conflict of interests
Netflix filters content when you travel to avoid conflict with their studio partners. So you can access nearly 4000 movie titles available to US audiences, but if you’re traveling to Italy, you only get access to 2500 of those titles.
Just in case you’re wondering whether you can change your Netflix region to one that can unblock a certain library or unblock Netflix as a whole, then yes, you can. The safest way to do that is with the help of a VPN.
Three Reasons to Change Netflix Region
So why should you do all the hustle to gain access to restricted Netflix libraries? People have their own reasons, but here are the top three why all this effort is worth it:
- Access restricted content: a VPN can help you gain access to geo-restricted content on Netflix.
- Watch shows and movies you love: humans are not stagnant at one point, either mentally or physically, which means that new and familiar shows are always comforting. This means that watching the content you love when traveling is a must.
- Learn new cultures and success stories: Netflix has a range of documentaries that are loaded with useful and inspiring information. yet they are also geo-restricted. So, changing the region will help those who want to research via short films and non-fiction content.
How To Choose a VPN to Unblock Netflix Series
Using a risk-free VPN to watch Netflix is legal in most countries except for those where VPNs are restricted. Other than that, you can access any website, including streaming sites like Youtube and Dailymotion.
Keep the following criteria in mind when choosing a VPN to unblock Netflix:
- Ability to bypass Netflix proxy error
- Fast and reliable service
- Multiple servers for high-traffic locations like the USA, UK, and Canada
- No-logging policy
- Strong encryption to discourage ISP monitoring and speed throttling
- Dependable and knowledgeable customer support service
Can I change my Netflix region without a VPN?
Most of you might not want to use a VPN to change your Netflix region and would like to know if there are other ways to do so. You could use a proxy service but the benefits are not the same as a VPN. It’s because a proxy does not come with the adequate encryption standards required to secure your connection. In short, it’s not secure. A proxy does work, but if you require security and privacy alongside it, a VPN is the best option to change your Netflix region. You can always learn to check if your VPN is working to get started with Netflix.
You’ve changed your Netflix region but still locked out, now what?
If you change Netflix region and are still not able to access the content or libraries, there are a few things you can do. For this, you can change servers, or get yourself a dedicated IP address. Static IP addresses are shared by many other users and might cause connectivity issues.
Can I watch Netflix abroad?
Yes, you definitely can. Using a VPN, and the tutorial above, you will be able to mask your physical location and access Netflix from abroad. Even if you live in the UK and want to watch the US or American Netflix, you will easily be able to do that. We, at iProVPN, do not condone violating any copyright laws, but we’re here to offer you a safe alternative to access Netflix with ease.
How do I change my Netflix billing country?
Changing your Netflix billing is different from changing your Netflix region. If you’re planning on changing the Netflix billing address, you will need to close your account and create a new one in the country you’re moving to. All you need to do is wait a bit till your current billing time is up and then terminate your account. Once that’s out of the way, you can create a new account or restart it in the country you’re moving to or visiting.
How to change Netflix region without a VPN?
You could consider using a proxy, but that’s likely not going to work. Proxies don’t offer the same benefits as a VPN. This means that to change your Netflix region, you’re going to need a VPN.
You now know how to change Netflix region from anywhere in the world! However, you’re not exactly changing your Netflix region on your account. But, in turn, you’re basically hiding your physical location with a VPN, so that Netflix detects you as a user from a permissible region.
If you’re home-bound like the rest of the world and are in search of new content, then it’s time to change the Netflix region to one that has more titles for viewing. Our favorite shows are like security blankets that keep us sane during difficult times, which make all these efforts worthwhile. Connect to iProVPN today and stay tuned to your favorite content, and from anywhere in the world. It’s currently one of the best Netflix VPN services that are user-friendly.
Start Browsing Privately!
iProVPN encrypts your data for protection against hackers and surveillance. Unblock your favorite streaming platforms instantly with the best VPN for streaming.